Thursday, May 18, 2006

What a fascinating animal we must be to watch.
I don’t think we can remove ourselves from being human enough to really appreciate the absurdity that is us. I think I’m aware of it to a certain extent, but then again I’m just as retarded as everyone else is. It’s like I have moments of complete clarity, surrounded by periods in time where I’m yelling at some shitty driver. Alone, in my car, the windows are up, he can’t even hear me, and I’m in my car yelling at the top of my lungs “You dumb motherfucker!!” Without fail, every time I do something like that, as soon as I do it, I sit around going, “What the fuck is wrong with me? What kind of retard am I for freaking out about something that stupid?” I mean, there are some really important things to focus on in this short life, and the guy in front of you that doesn’t have the balls to merge isn’t one of them. It should mean absolutely nothing to me, but here I am sitting in traffic allowing myself to get worked up.
Now, as I get older and hopefully wiser, I notice that these moments of personal retardation are becoming much smaller and much less frequent, but the point is that they’re still there.
I think I can appreciate my own folly as much as the next guy, but in the end we’re all just people, and this is what we’re used to, as much as you can try to separate yourself so that you can look at it like an objective bystander, you really can’t.
Humans are so ridiculous that it’s beyond reason.
Reality is more fucked up than bad fiction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home